Summer Love - Watermelon Slush

Combat these hot summer days with hydration the natural way!

Icy Cold.
Refreshing.

Watermelon is mostly water, 92%
Nature's delicate sweetness also contains 4g of fiber in every 100g serving.

Look at this gorgeous frozen drink...
So here's what I did, I went to the store to pick up a watermelon. I rescue a melon out of the produce section, and there's a man there shopping for vegetables. He asks me, "Savez-vous comment savoir si le melon est bon ?" (Do you know how to tell if the melon is good?) After a comment about how small the selection was, I explained that I usually choose the one that is soft around the stem. To which he replied, you just flick it with your finger and listen to the sound it makes. And the verdict? The melon passed both tests. It's ripe, juicy, and delicious.

Back at the appartement I sliced it open, chopped it into 1-2 cm cubes thrown into a tupperware container, and popped into the freezer overnight. When you're ready to serve your slush, just run the diced watermelon through the food processor (or blender).

Summer Has Arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment