Today Dimly ; Tomorrow Face to Face - Glass Stovetop

I like shiny things.
I like sparkle.
I like clean.
I like order.
I especially like spaciousness - a rare commodity in the Latin Quarter of Paris.
So, if I can clear off the kitchen countertops I feel at peace. Of course I have to find nooks and crannies to hide my stuff in for that to even be possible. Sometimes small kitchen appliances end up in the guest room, but any cost is worth a clear shiny countertop.

My glasstop stove also plays a big roll in this illusion of orderliness. If it's not shiny then life feels cruddy and out of place.

I used to buy that chemical stuff that comes in a microscopically small spray bottle carrying an inflated big price tag.
But now-a-days I'm trying to save the planet (or am I trying to save money $$$, I always forget ;p) and so I've started making my own stovetop cleaner. My first attempt was a little scary.

Knowing what I've learned about natural cleaning I got out my favorite gentle abrasive - Baking Soda.
Dampen your sponge, sprinkle baking soda on the stovetop, rub-a-dub-dub.

Water is safe, but was taking too long. I had a big baked on mess. Take-two!

Moisten the stovetop mess with vinegar. Sprinkle baking soda on the vinegar. Watch it fizz. This happy little all-natural chemical reaction is going to fizz away your baked on food. Wipe with a dry cloth. Repeat as necessary.

Fizz. Fizz. Fizz. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment